As you can probably tell from my Foodie Friday posts is that I love to cook. What really makes me happy though is seeing people enjoy my cooking. I realized recently that I had never really cooked for my grandparents. It was an easy decision then to decide that I wanted to cook for them. The question then was what to cook. Italian is always a good go to.
The Antipasto – Bruschetta
The Primo – Risotto
The Dolce – Tiramisu
I have previously posted my risotto and tiramisu recipes, you can find the links to them in the menu section. But I haven’t posted the bruchetta recipe. NOTE: This recipe doesn’t contain amounts because I always just make the amount I think I need based on the number of people I’m serving. Here is my rough ratio – 1 package of Cutie Tomatoes : 4-5 cloves garlic : 5-6 large basil leaves : 1-1.5 tbs each oil and balsamic
- Cherry Tomatoes – quartered
- Garlic – minced
- Fresh Basil – roughly chopped
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Bread – thinly sliced and lightly toasted
- Parmesan Cheese – garnish
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, and basil in a small bowl. Set aside to allow the flavors to combine.
- Toast the bread
- Just before serving mix a tablespoon of olive oil and balsamic into the tomato mix.
- Spoon onto toasted bread and garnish with Parmesan.
Bright and flavorful, this is the perfect dish to start a meal off with!
This meal was fun to make and it tasted great. What is your favorite meal to share with your family?
Use PROMO CODE: LACIMCGEE for 15% off