As I have said in a previous post my boyfriend has developed a love of capers so I try to include them in recipes when I can. Simple to make recipes can be as good as complicated ones and simple is what you need after a long day at work.
If you want to make your own pasta check out my recipe here. If you can’t or don’t want to make your own please feel free to use store bought. Also, if you don’t have fresh herbs – dried are fine.
- Spaghetti Noodles (3-4 serving)
- 4 Tbs, Butter
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- 4-5 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Large Lemon
- ¼-1Tsp. Red Pepper (If you like a little heat)
- Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Pasta Water
- 2 Tbs. Capers
- Parmesan and Fresh Basil Leaves (garnish)
- Start cooking your pasta. While that cooks heat 1Tsp. olive oil on medium heat in a skillet, once its hot brown your garlic. Don’t burn it. Once it’s brown turn the heat to low.
- Zest the lemon into the skillet. Add the thyme, butter and red pepper.
- Once the pasta is done save ½ C. pasta water, drain the pasta but don’t rinse. Add the pasta to skillet. Pour in pasta water and squeeze the lemon juice over the pasta.
- Turn up to medium heat. Mix all together until sauce has thickened. Mix-in capers.
- Garnish with Parmesan and basil leaves, serve.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe, it is easy and the flavor it great. Let me know what you think and what you are making this week.