I came across this recipe from another blog that I follow and decided to try it. Fantastic recipe, here is the original post. My boyfriend and I have been eating a decent bit of salmon trying to be healthier. This recipe also includes capers and he absolutely loves them. My version of the recipe uses the same ingredients but with differences in amount, preparation, and cooking methods.
- 2 6oz Salmon Fillets
- Dried Dill
- Dried Tarragon
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
Honey/ Caper Sauce:
- 3 Tbs. White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Rinsed Capers
- 2 Tbs. Local Honey
- 1 Tsp. Dried Dill
- 1 Tsp. Dried Tarragon
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- Sprinkle salmon fillets with garlic powder, dill, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet heat ½ Tbs. of olive oil to medium heat (about 325℉ in an electric skillet). Cook salmon skin side down first for 5 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- While the salmon cooks. Mix up your sauce. Just toss it in a small bowl and whisk it a bit.
- Once the salmon is cooked all the way through plate it and pour the sauce over.
I served this recipe with couscous and vegetables (sliced cucumbers and radish).
I’d love to know what you think of this recipe, both mine and the original version. Here is to a great Friday and a great weekend.