Fresh and light food is perfect for long hot days. I found this recipe, modified it a bit and whipped it up. This recipe is nice and light and if you are feeding a lot of people it is easy to double.
- ½ C. Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 Large Squash – diced
- ¼ C. Fresh Mint Leaves
- ½-1 C. Fresh Arugula
- 1 Tbs. Grape Seed Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Large Lemon
- 3 Tbs. Grape Seed Oil
- 1 Tbs. Honey
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to directions (I typically do a 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water) with a ¼ tsp. water.
- While quinoa cooks, 1 tbs grape seed oil in a non-stick skillet. Once hot saute squash on medium-high heat until the edges turn golden. Once done remove from heat.
- To make the dressing: zest one lemon into a small bowl, add the juice, garlic, mix in the remaining grape seed oil and honey.
- Mix together quinoa, squash, mint, and arugula. Pour over dressing and toss together. Salt and pepper to taste.
I enjoyed this as a meal on its own paired with some radish and the Parmesan-thyme crisps posted last week. This recipe would be awesome as a side dish also with maybe chicken or lamb. Hope you enjoy it and I can’t wait to hear your take on it. Happy Friday!