I have not done much cooking with fresh dill but the little bit I have done has been quite flavorful (it was called for to garnish a fish dish). In the last TexSelect Farms Grab Box there was fresh dill. To be a bit different I decided to mix the dill with chives in butter and cook salmon in it. This was a wonderful idea as my boyfriend will tell anyone. I made a similar butter for red meat: garlic and rosemary. You should try this one too. Now onto the recipe.
- ½ lb. Unsalted Butter
- 3-5 Sprigs Fresh Dill
- 10-12 Sprigs Fresh Chives
- Make sure your butter is room temperature and easily malleable. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Dice fresh herbs and add to bowl with the butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour out butter herb mixture onto cling wrap or wax paper. Roll into a log shape.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for a couple hours before using.
From here the butter is complete. For dinner I took two salmon fillets and lightly salt and peppered them then I cooked them in the herb butter. I paired the salmon with a farro and roasted carrots and radishes. I’d love to know what you think of this recipe and how it works out for you in your kitchen. If you enjoy my blog please consider buying me a cup of coffee.