Summer is the time for light, fun dishes and for easy flavorful additions to brighten up recipes. I’m not I don’t can but I do enjoy making refrigerator or quick pickles. I posted about some in the past that turned out quite well and you can get that pickle recipe here. This summer, after being inspired by some Instagram foodie posts, I decided to try pickling some other vegetables.
The tomatoes and jalapenos are from my own garden as is the thyme and oregano. I’m growing dill but its not large enough to harvest yet.
- 1 C. White Vinegar
- 1 C. Water
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat, stirring occasionally until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Set aside until jars are ready to be filled.
- I Bunch Radishes – sliced thin
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 1/2 Inch section Ginger – pealed and sliced into sticks
- 3 – 4 Large Jalapenos – sliced into thin rings
- 4 – 5 Sprigs Fresh Dill
- 3 Cloves Garlic – Roughly Chopped
Thyme Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 – 12 Whole Cherry Tomatoes – enough to fill the jar
- 6 – 8 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 – 3 Sprigs Fresh Oregano
Directions for all
- Combine all ingredients into a mason jars, pack them full.
- Pour brine until all ingredients are covered.
- Seal with lids, let set on the counter until cook before moving to the refrigerator.
- After 24 hours, enjoy!
The radish and jalapenos we enjoyed on hoagie roll sandwiches with roast. Honestly, I’m not sure what to do with the tomatoes yet but I’m excited to try them! What new recipes are you trying this summer? Happy cooking!