Fall means more baking and this is one of my favorite recipes. I was given this recipe by my great-great aunt when she still lived at home. When she got older and was moved to an assisted living I made sure to always try and bring her a loaf of this bread or a loaf of her Buttermilk Cake. I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as she did.
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1/2 C. Crisco
- 4 Tbs. Buttermilk
- 1 Tsp. Soda
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 C. Chopped Pecans
- 1 C. Mashed Banana (I typically use 2)
- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Grease and flour a 9×5 baking pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine flour and soda a bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- Mix sugar and Crisco, combine well. Add eggs one at a time mixing in between.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla to sugar mix. Combine well and add mashed bananas.
- Mix in flour mix 1/2 cup at a time until all is combined.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 65 minutes or until a took pick inserted in the center comes out with old dry crumbs.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. What are your favorite fall recipes? Have a great Friday and reset of your weekend.