If you have been following this blog for any length of time you know that I love different types of pesto and I was super excited to find this one in a new cookbook that I actually bought while in Seattle while on our honeymoon. Me being me I did make a couple of changes but they were ones to better suit our taste buds.
- 2 1/2 C. Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 C. Fresh Chives
- 1 C. Spinach
- Garlic – The original recipe calls for 1 clove but, as a garlic lover, I prefer a bit more and used 3
- 4 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 C. Walnuts
- Olive Oil – The original recipe calls for 1/2 C. I prefer a bit more and probably use 2/3 C.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Not enough to make it super spicy, just enough to add an idea of heat
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Store in an air tight container and store in fridge for at least two hours or overnight to let the flavors combine before use.
I made this to serve on salmon and it was excellent. But since then this pesto has also been used on homemade pizza. This simple recipe brings a brightness to any dish and I look forward to using it other dishes such as on potatoes or on pasta. Happy cooking!
Check out my other pesto recipes!
The original recipe and many others can be found in The Herbal Kitchen. This is not a paid review.