I’m ready for spring. This has been a rather long, chilly winter. So I decided to bring a little bit of spring inspired cooking into my kitchen. I love pesto and am slowly working to create some different ones. Last year I made a Mint-Arugula version with hazelnuts. This one though is probably one of my favorites.
- 2 C. Fresh Baby Arugula
- 1 Tsp. Lavender (I get mine here)
- 1 C. Walnuts
- 1/2 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 C. Grapeseed Oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Combine arugula, lavender, walnuts and half the oil in a food processor. Combine well.
- Add the Parmesan and additional oil if need be. Pulse to desired creaminess.
- Add salt to taste.
This can be eaten immediately but I would suggest letting it sit for a couple hours before serving. I made mine a couple of days in advance and left it covered in the fridge. After using it for dinner I froze the rest in an ice cube tray.
The thing to remember when making pesto is that it is as much about how it taste to you. I prefer a thicker pesto and so use less oil, if you want a thinner pesto add more. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this recipe and if you do make it, let me know what you think!
Use PROMO CODE: LACIMCGEE for 15% off