In a effort to eat healthier this year I’ve switched from making regular pasta for dinner to making spaghetti squash. I really like it but it doesn’t quite satisfy me like regular pasta, I think because it is not quite as filling. Never the less the flavor is good.
The good thing is that they are really simple to cook.
- Pre-heat over to 400℉
- Scrub squash and cut in half
- Scrape out the seeds – if you have one a grapefruit spoon works well but a regular spoon will work also.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, salt and pepper. Brush mixture over the inside and rim of both halves of the squash.
- Bake for 40 minutes until tender.
- Let cool before using a fork a fork to pull spaghetti squash strands.
- Top with sauce of your choice.
I have also put homemade pesto on spaghetti squash, I don’t have a picture but it was probably my favorite. Have you ever made spaghetti squash before? What is your favorite sauce to put on spaghetti sauce?
Use PROMO CODE: LACIMCGEE for 15% off