One of my favorite recipes is actually for a topping, that seems to work well with any savory dish, is chimichurri. I originally found this in an herb cook book and have since tried various versions but the one below is my favorite. I have put chimichurri on everything from steak to salmon and most recently on risotto to bring a brighter flavor.
- 1 1/4 C. Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil (If you prefer more oil feel free to add it)
- 2 Tbs. Combination Fresh Oregano and Basil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbs. Apple Cider or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper
- In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients and mix to desired thickness.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours before serving.
Note: Chimichurri is typically server fairly chunky but I don’t like big chunks of shallot and blend mine, with an immersion blender, to a consistency similar to pesto.
This is a fun easy recipe that adds a lot of flavor to any dish. Happy cooking!