Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Christmas is right around the corner and I’ve been cooking away. Yesterday I made my first batch of homemade apple cider. My batch was made a bit differently because I didn’t have whole spices. Instead I put ground spices into a tea filter bag and put that into the crock pot with my apples.
- Apples – quartered
- Brown Sugar
- Wash and quarter the apples. Put them in the crock-pot.
- Add you spices, if you have whole spice add a couple of cinnamon sticks, a few cloves and allspice, and a nutmeg. If you just have ground spices put them in a tea filter before adding to the crock-pot.
- Fill the crock pot with water.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Then mash apples with a potato masher. Add brown sugar to desired sweetness. I added 3-4 Tbs.
- Cook on low for another 3 hours.
- Strain cider from apple and spices. I places a large bowl in the sink and set a strainer in the bowl and added cheese cloth. Adding the cheese cloth allows me to squeeze the extra juice from the apples.
- Jar and refrigerate before serving.
- If you want your cider hot, warm up in a crock-pot before serving with fresh orange slices.
Use PROMO CODE: LACIMCGEE for 15% off