This is probably one of my favorite recipes at the moment and I love food. Besides, who doesn’t love tacos? Hot summer days call for lighter foods that are still delicious and this recipe fulfills both of those requirements. This recipe is a bit sweet but I’ll give you some tips that help turn up the heat. Also, this recipe is super easy.
**Note** This recipe is set up for two people for one meal (although there was leftover salsa).
- ½ lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ½ Shot Tequila
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tbs Cilantro
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper (add more if you like it spicer)
- Olive Oil
- 12-15 Cherry Tomatoes (Quartered)
- ⅓ C. Radishes (Sliced)
- ½ Mango (Cubbed)
- 2 Tbs. Cilantro
- 2 Tbs. Chives
- ½ Lemon (Juiced)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Tortillas (I’m a flour fan but if you prefer corn go for it)
- Sliced Avocado
- Marinate the shrimp. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- Dice and slice up mango, radish and tomatoes them combine in a small bowl. Add cilantro and chive, juice half a lemon over everything. Salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for at least 20 minutes to allow all the flavors to mix.
- In a skillet heat up ½ Tbs. olive oil. Remove shrimp from marinade and cook on medium-high heat for about five minute. Don’t over cook.
- Taco building time: shrimp, salsa, and avocado slices.
As you can see this recipe is super simple. Couple of notes: feel free to grill the shrimp. I considered it but it’s really hot outside and I like the AC. Second note: if you like heat in your salsa feel free to dice up a jalapeno and add it or add some red pepper flakes.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. Let me know if you make any variations to it, I’d love to try them. Have a great Friday and an awesome weekend!