One of the things out of my TexSelect Farm Grab Box was fresh marjoram. I had no idea what to do with fresh marjoram so of course I went to my handy cookbook and found a variation of the recipe below. This salad is nice and light and perfect for two people for an easy dinner.
- 1 Large Can Whole Corn (you can also grill corn on a grill and cut it from the cob)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- 1 Cup Crispy Diced Bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 1-2 Sprigs Fresh Marjoram for Garnish
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Marjoram Diced
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Diced Shallots (or use red onions and more can be used if you prefer)
- 2 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 Tbs. Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Black Pepper
- Mix dressing ingredients together and set aside for use later.
- Cook the bacon to crispy, set aside to cool and dice. While bacon is cooking quarter tomatoes.
- If using regular bacon drain most of the grease, if you used turkey bacon add a small amount of olive oil (about 1 tsp.) to the pan. Drain corn and saute on medium-high heat.
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl, garnish with marjoram sprig.
- To serve, pour over dressing and mix salad.
****Tip: If you don’t have access to fresh marjoram use parsley or basil instead.***
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Please let me know of any variations you try and how they work out for you. If you enjoy my blog please consider buying me a cup of coffee.
1 comments on “Foodie Friday: Corn Salad with Marjoram Dressing”