Last week I looked at using micro-greens in pesto. But they are quite tasty in a number of other things too – one of those being omelets. I will admit that this recipe was partly inspired by the fact that I bought two-dozen eggs at the farmer’s market.
We aren’t vegan or vegetarian but we have no problem eating that way on occasion and this is a vegetarian omelet. You are welcome to add meat too it but it is filling as is.
- 2-3 large eggs
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash milk or unsweetened original soy/almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheese
- Sliced Avocado
- Whisk eggs, milk, worcestershire, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat pan on medium heat and spray with non-stick spray or grease with butter. Once hot pour in egg mixture.
- Once the egg is mostly cooked add the shredded cheese to the whole omelet. Once the cheese has started to melt add the sliced avocado to half. Right before you take it out of the pan add the micro-greens on top of the avocado.
- Fold in half as you slide the omelet onto the plate. Salt and pepper if need be to taste and serve.
I hope that you enjoy this – slightly – healthier version of an omelet. What do you do to eat healthier? Happy Friday!