I couldn’t go to Texas Wine Country and not drink some Texas Wine. Keltin is not a big wine fan so I got to pick the tasting room and we decided to go to Becker Vineyards. They are actually located in Stonewall, Texas but have a store and tasting room in Fredericksburg.
The store front doesn’t do flights but they do have a tasting option where you get 6 or so 1 oz. samples and you get to keep the glass. I went in with a little bit of a mission though. Keltin and I had decided to grill steaks at our cabin for dinner and I wanted a good red to go with them.
I say 6 or so wines because they were giving away a sample 2017 Viogner Reserve wine also, it was a nice light, dry white. Here is everything else that I tried:
- 2016 Jolie Rose – dry and fruity, not sweet
- 2017 Saigrie – rose, dry, lightly fruity with a tart finish
- 2015 Main Street Reserve – Cabernet Sauvignon, flavor lingers, not too woody.
- 2017 Tempernillo Reserve – nice spicy finish
- 2017 Ranger Hays – red blend, smooth
- 2017 Petite Sirah – smoky, dry and rich
My favorite was the Petite Sirah but it was also one of the more expensive wines on the list so I decided to buy a bottle of the Main Street Reserve for dinner.
1 comments on “Becker Vineyards”