Keltin and I don’t do anything crazy on Valentine’s Day but I use it as an excuse to try something a bit different. I made chocolate covered strawberries for the two of us but I also made chocolate cookies with peanut butter morsels for my coworkers. I thought that it would make the day a little bit sweeter.
- 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter – Room Temperature
- 1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 C. Dark Brown Sugar – Packed
- 1 Egg – Large
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 C. Flour
- 1/2 C. Unsweetened Coco Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbs. Milk
- 1 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- White Candy Coating Melting Chocolate
- Sugar Sprinkles
- Whisk together flour, coco powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- With a stand of hand mixer beat the butter until smooth – about one minute. Add granulated and brown sugar. Beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix flour mix slowly into butter mixture until all ingredients are well combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Beat in the milk on high. Once combined mix in peanut butter chips.
- Cover dough and chill for three hours (I chilled mine overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350℉. All ow dough to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or reusable baking sheets.
- Using a dough scoop, place dough on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
If you want you can stop here and enjoy the cookies as they are. I wanted to take mine a step further and decorate mine for Valentines Day.
- While cookies cool, melt the dipping chocolate according to the directions. I prefer using a double boiler but you are welcome to use either.
- Once the cookies are completely cool and the chocolate is melted dip half the cookie into the melted chocolate. Set on wax paper, sprinkle with sprinkles and allow to dry.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe. I took these cookies to work and my coworkers loved them. These are fun and easy cookies. Hope that you had a wonderful February 14th and I hope that you have a great weekend!
Use PROMO CODE: LACIMCGEE for 15% off
2 comments on “Foodie Friday: Valentine’s Day Chocolate Cookies”
Looks delicious! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day! 😋
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes I did! Hope you did too.
LikeLiked by 1 person