This recipe is a favorite of mine mainly because whenever I make these cookies most people love them. This recipe is originally from a baking box called Sweetbake. As always I’ve messed with the recipe a bit to what I’m going to show you today.
- 2 1/4 C. Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 3/4 C. Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 C. Dark Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 C. Chopped Pistachios (Divided)
- 1 C. Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Large Eggs
- Melting Chocolate for Garnish
- Sea Salt for Garnish
NOTES: If you can only find salted and roasted pistachios I recommend cutting the salt that is the third bullet point. You will still need salt for garnish. I also mash my pistachios with a mortar and pestle instead of chopping them, I feel like it makes less of a mess.
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper. Set aside for later use
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, vanilla, and sugars with a mixer until fluffy. One at a time mix in the eggs.
- Mix in the the flour mix a cup at a time to the butter mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pistachios. Cool dough for 30 minute before baking.
- Using a dough scoop no larger than 2 tablespoons scoop dough balls onto prepared baking sheets. Cook each batch for 10 to 12 minutes until all dough is gone.
- Cook for two minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to the wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies cool melt your melting chocolate (I like to use a double boiler).
- Dip half of each cookie into the melting chocolate and sprinkle a pinch of salt and chopped pistachios over the chocolate. Let chocolate set before serving.
This recipe does take some time but these are fantastic tasting and looking cookies and are just waiting to help you impress. Have a great Friday and a good weekend!
Get some fantastic outdoorsy gear at Wildish.
For 20% off use Promo Code: lmcgee56-20off