We all have those times when we want to bring something homemade to a party or potluck but don’t always have all the ingredients on hand to make the whole recipe from scratch. This cookie recipe is one that I have gotten a ton of compliments on. The cookies come out of the oven soft and fluffy.
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- ¼ C. Water
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 1 ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips
*Note* I use whatever type of ‘chocolate’ chips I have on hand, often times combining semi-sweet, white, and dark chocolate. Peanut butter morsels would work also.
- Heat oven to 350℉. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside prepared baking sheets.
- Combine cake mix, butter, water, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a dough scoop, place dough a couple inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until the cookies are puffed up. Cool for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- If desired drizzle with melted chocolate.
This recipe produces easy, tasty cookies. Have a great Friday and I can’t wait to hear about how you cookies turn out!