I like making things from scratch and my boyfriend and I also meal prep breakfast and lunch on Sunday for the next week. I get bored with the same things all the time so recently I decided to try making breakfast bars. This is just my first attempt, soon I’ll try some with almond butter and other sticking agents but now the recipe.
- 1 C. Rice Krispies
- 2 C. Oats
- ¼ C. Honey
- ¼ C. Butter
- ⅓ C. Brown Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Dark chocolate Chips
- Line a 9 by 9 pan with wax or parchment paper. Set aside for later.
- Mix together the Rice Krispies and oat in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small pot on the stove melt butter over low heat. Add the honey and brown sugar, cook on medium to high heat until it starts bubbling.
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla.
- Pour the butter mix over the oat mix. Make sure all the oats and krispies are coated. Add pecans (typically ½ C.).
- Pour mix into prepared pan, pack down tightly. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and pack down also.
- Let harden for two hours in the fridge before enjoying.
This recipe is super simple and it has great flavor. The great thing about granola bars is that if you don’t like something you can change it. Let me know what your favorite recipes are or post the link in the comments below. Have a great Friday.