In the interest of eating better without sacrificing flavor I’ve started making more rice/power/poke bowl meals. Besides tasting good they are normally fairly easy to make and can be geared towards omnivores, vegetarians, or vegans depending on your dietary preferences.
This dish doesn’t have a set list of ingredients, put in them what you like our have on hand.
Fruit & Vegetables:
- Fish (Sushi Grade Raw or Cooked)
- Eggs (Boiled, Poached)
- Rice (Brown, White, Long Grain)
- Green Onion or Chives
- Sesame Seeds
- Sauce (Soy, Ponzu, Vinegar, Etc.)
- Cook base and protein according to directions.
- While those are cooking prepare vegetables and garnish.
- Once everything is ready plate as you wish with the grain base on the bottom and the protein and vegetables on top then garnish.
What do you think of these recipes? If you like this type of dish, what do you put in yours? I hope this recipe helps you to eat healthier, brighter meals. Have a great Friday!