Day to day life is crazy and I don’t always have time or energy to spend a lot of time creating a meal full of prep or have time to watch the stove. Some days I turn to an underutilized kitchen gadget: the crock pot (slow cooker).
This recipe is super easy and quite versatile. All you need is three ingredients (for the initial chicken – to make a meal others are required).
- 4 Large Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Package Powdered Ranch Dressing
- 1 Small Bottle Frank’s Red Hot (Original or Buffalo)
- Place defrosted chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Sprinkle entire ranch dressing packet over chicken. Pour entire bottle of Red Hot sauce over the chicken.
- Flip the chicken a couple of times to coat both sides with seasonings.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once the done, get two forks and shred the chicken
The chicken is done, now what to do with it? My favorite is the most recent way I prepared it. And yes, it is just as simple as making the chicken.
- King Hawaiian Hamburger Buns (if you can’t find the buns the regular rolls work just cut them in half)
- Butter Lettuce
From here it is simple, build your sandwich and enjoy. We paired this recipe with sliced radishes instead of chips to be a bit healthier.
The spice from the chicken pairs well with the sweetness of the bread.
This chicken can also be enjoyed in a wrap or on a salad. Let me know how you like it. Happy Friday!