I know this is a little late but these recipes can be enjoyed at any time, not just on Valentines.
Valentine’s Day is an interesting holiday; some people love it, some hate it, and many are indifferent. I like it and decided to make a couple of treats to celebrate the day: Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Triple Chocolate Cookies.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
These are easy enough to do and don’t take too long.
- Wash and dry completely strawberries
- Melt dipping chocolate according to directions
- Holding the green tops of the strawberries dip them in the melted chocolate
- Let dry on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Decorate with white chocolate if desired.
Triple Chocolate Cookies:
These are my go to cookies and everyone that has tried them loves them. I found the original recipe on Pinterest but have since modified it a bit. These cookies are super simple and come out fluffy and soft.
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 Stick Butter (½ C.- Softened)
- ¼ C. Water
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ C. Dark Chocolate Chips
- ¾ C. White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (or lightly spray with non stick cooking spray).
- In a bowl combine cake mix, butter, water, egg, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly until everything is combined. Stir in white and dark chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of mix on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool completely. Garnish if desired. For Valentines I melted vanilla Almond Bark and dyed it pink with food coloring. I then made decorative lines by lightly flinging the melted chocolate from the fork onto the cookies. (See picture for results)
Also, if you enjoy my blog please consider buying me a cup of coffee.