I’m a bit of a carnivore but meat can be expensive and sometimes I honestly don’t feel like waiting for it to defrost or to marinate. Also, sometimes I enjoy eating vegetarian. But I still need protein. One of my go to protiens, besides eggs or beans or nuts, is giant portobello mushrooms. I have a Hobbit’s love of mushrooms and this recipe is a go to.
- Large Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1 C. Shredded Cheese (I prefer colby-jack or cheddar)
- 1 Tbs. Mrs. Dash Original
- Cooking Spray (I prefer canola oil)
- Wash and dry mushroom caps and remove the stems. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (Farenheight). On a cookie sheet bake mushroom caps for 10 minutes, this helps remove excess moisture and can be used when making smaller mushrooms also.
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, dice the mushroom stems and mix with the cheese and seasoning mix. Set aside for later
- Once the mushrooms are out of the oven spray the inside of the cap with cooking spray and place cap down on a skillet on medium heat. Cook for three minutes.
- Spray the top of the mushroom cap and flip. Fill inside of mushroom with cheese mix. Cover and cook for four minutes.
- Garnish with chives if desired. Enjoy!