In addition to wineries the Texas Hill Country has a number of breweries and we checked out Middleton Brewing. Their rooftop patio is the perfect place to enjoy a beer along with a countryside view.
Keltin and I enjoyed a beer flight. All of them were delicious but it was a bit too hot out to really enjoy the darker brews.
- Garnet Belgian Amber – an herbal brew with a hint of spices with a nice amber-red color.
- Black Lab Porter – tasted like a mellow cup of coffee.
- Topaz Belgian Triple – a light and refreshing beer with herbal and floral notes.
- Anniversary Ale – Belgian Strong with Cherries – a fairly dark beer with spices and cherry tones. Like autumn in a glass without being too dark. Our favorite.
- Chunky Pug Oatmeal Stout – a dark beer that goes down smooth and not as heavy as other stouts.
Middleton was a fun brewery to visit and I hope to visit it again in the future to sample a few more of their brews.
Cheers to you. Enjoy a good glass of beer! Happy Friday.