Spring and summer provide us with a lot of yellow squash and zucchini. One of my favorite things to do with them is roast them.
- Thin sliced squash and/or zucchini
- If you have them you can also include thin sliced potato, onion, and tomato.
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Rosemary or preferred herbs
- Cheese – I prefer cheddar or Colby-jack.
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a cast iron skillet alternate vegetables in a spiral pattern.
- Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with herbs.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with cheese.
- Roast for an additional 5 minutes.
I love this recipe because it is fairly easy and tastes amazing. Part of the appeal is that you can make it as easy or complicated as you like with as many vegetables as you want. If you make something like this I would love to hear what you do.