I’m seriously behind on my Blogmas posts this year but never fear, they start today with a little bit of Christmas cheer! Don’t ask why that rhymes, sometimes rhyming just happens. Anyway, a requirement for cold days and Christmas movies is a nice cup of Hot Chocolate. Like most things, I prefer to make my own and thought I’d share the recipe.
- 2 C. Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 1/2 C. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 C. Powdered Non-Dairy Creamer
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- Whisk all ingredients together until well combined. Store in an air tight container.
That is the just for the Hot Chocolate mix. You can make this mix in two different was: with water or with milk. I prefer using milk. The flavor and consistency is just so much better.
Combine 8 ounces of milk with 1/4 cup of hot chocolate mix. whisk mix into milk in a sauce pan while bringing slowly up to desired temperature. If you like stronger hot chocolate add more mix. Once the mixture has reached the desired temperature remove from heat and ladle into a mug. Top with marshmallows or homemade whipped cream. Dust with cinnamon.
I should probably tell you the whipped cream recipe.
- 1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 Tbs Granulated Sugar
- Using a hand or stand mixer use whisk attachment and whisk into soft peaks.
- Spoon over top hot chocolate or pie. Any remaining can be saved in a small container in the fridge.
I hope that you enjoyed the start of my Blogmas posts! Seasons Greetings to all! Come back tomorrow for another Blogmas post.
Use PROMO CODE: LACIMCGEE for 15% off