While in Kansas over the Christmas holiday my boyfriend and I made homemade powdered laundry detergent. So far it has worked great for both regular clothes (jeans, t-shirts, towels,etc) and for delicates. I wanted to share the recipe.
- 2 Bars of White Zote Soap (400g per bar)
- 1 Box Borax (4lbs)
- 1 Box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (55oz)
- 1 Container OXY Multi-Purpose Cleaner (40oz)
- Grate Zote Soap with a cheese grater. The soap will be in fairly large pieces but it will dry and crumble after mixed with other ingrediance and given time.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container. For a medium sized load I use one tablespoon.
You can get some of these ingredients store brand to save money and I purchased my detergent container at the Dollar Store. Let me know how you like this recipe or of any variations to it, I’m curious as to how this recipe works for everyone. Happy Saturday!