As many other’s my one of my New Year’s resolutions was to work out at least three times a week and I’m doing that but being healthier overall means eating right also. So I decided to try meal prep for my work lunches. Meal prep does two things:
- I can make sure I am eating healthy
- I save money because I’m not going out to eat.
The meal prep I decided to do was one of those one baking sheet ideas. I’d seen them on Pinterest and decided to do my own based on what I had at home.
- 1 Large Head of Broccoli
- 2-3 Large Carrots
- 1 Medium Sized Butternut Squash
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Various Spices and Herbs
- Olive Oil
Thyme that I purchased from TexSelect Farms.
- Peel and dice carrots and butternut squash. Chop broccoli. Layout all vegetables in rows across baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season as prefered. I used Mrs Dash on my carrots and broccoli. On the butternut squash I drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with sage and thyme.
- Defrost chicken breasts, marinate them if you want before hand. I seasoned mine with cajun seasoning. Place whole on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast and put half of one into each of your meal prep containers. Add prefered vegetables to each bowl. I added two types vegetables to each bowl so that I had a little variety each day.
- This makes four meals. I prepped on a Monday night for the rest of the week and took these for lunch the remainder of the week.
There are a ton a varieties on this meal prep. Some include a grain like rice or quinoa and some have a single vegetable for each meal. I used what I had available at home. I’d love to know how this meal prep recipe works for you or what you have done previously to meal prep. Please feel free to comment with blog links. Cheers to healthy eating!