Over the summer we had the opportunity to meet up with some of our family in Colorado for a little mini family reunion and birthday celebration. We got there a little earlier and spent some time exploring Golden, CO. Golden is about 20 minutes from Denver and has an adorable downtown area.
Things to do in Golden
- We had breakfast in Golden, I do suggest getting there early as the restaurants get busy quickly.
- There are a variety of souvenir shops along with art galleries and even a quilt shop
- The hiking is a little outside of town but there are a variety of trails on Table Mountain and Lookout Mountain.
- Red Rocks is also nearby. There are trails but there is also the amphitheater if you enjoy outdoor concerts.
- Tubing and Kayaking
- We saw a decently large number of people floating down the river in tubes through the middle of Golden.
- Coors Brewery Tour
- We did not go on the tour but it would be fun in the future.
- There are a variety of museums such as a railroad museum and a Wild West museum.
Most of what we did in Historic Downtown Golden was wonder into shops and admire art that was fantastic but more than we could afford. There were some beautiful quilts at one shop but our house is not lacking for blankets.
The city had some beautiful flowers and we had to see how they looked on film! These were taken on 120 film with a Rollicord. Let me know if you are interested in more information regarding using a film camera.
We had a wonderful time exploring Golden. The day was a bit overcast but it was nice and cool. We didn’t chat with too many locals but I think they are accustomed to tourists. Have you ever been to Golden? If so, what did you think? Let me know in the comments and remember to leave no trace. Safe travels.
Thank you KW Photography for allowing me to use your wonderful photos!
If you like the banner check out this design and others at Canva!