Upon arriving in Durango, we were starving and decided to visit Steamworks Brewing. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the breeze while eating some good food with some fantastic beer. This was the best way to start our vacation.
- Colorado Kolsch – perfect beer for a hot day. Slightly citrus taste at the end.
- Kenny’s Pain Pils – similar to the kolsch but with a hint of taste of fresh bread and fewer citrus notes.
- One Wit Wonder – My favorite and per Keltin “a phantom mimosa” – almost fizzy, mix of orange and mild spices. A cloudy beer.
- Lizard Head Red – Keltin’s favorite – slightly hoppier – a fairly rich and bold beer but not too much for an early fall day.
- Slam Dunkel – German style dark wheat – smooth and per Keltin: “I don’t think I’ve ever had anything like it.” Miler that expect but the flavor has a decent staying power.
- Night Train – dark lager, a mild and smooth beer with coffee notes that tastes a bit like caffeine.
If you like good beer and good food make sure to stop by Steamworks Brewing next time you are in Durango – you won’t regret it. What is your favorite brewery?