I’m a bit behind on reading Tempests and Slaughter this week so I thought it with be the perfect time to respond to a book tag. I don’t do these too often and I’m excited to do this one. I was tagged by BookWormMuse, thank you!
1. NOPE Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.
I love Neil Gaiman books but the ending of Stardust, I actually prefer the moving ending.
2. NOPE Protagonist: A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.
So, believe it or not, not a single character comes to mind. I know there is one but I tend to forget books that I don’t like. I’ll let you know if one comes to me.
3. NOPE Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.
I’m not a fan of the dystopian genre, I didn’t read past the second Divergent book. Sorry dystopian fans but I didn’t see the last two Hunger Games movies either.
4. NOPE Popular pairing: A ship you don’t support.
Bella Swan with anyone. That girl has some serious clinginess issues that she needs to workout before being in a serious relationship.
5. NOPE. Plot twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like.
I loved Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons but I quite reading Dan Brown books after Lost Symbol. I guess I just wasn’t impressed and I got to where I knew the plot twist was coming and didn’t care for his any longer.
6. NOPE. Protagonist action/decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE.
Ron, Ron leaving Harry and Hermione alone in the woods after the fight. I know he comes back but it hurt so much to read of his leaving and what it did to Harry and Hermione.
7. NOPE. Genre: A genre you will never read.
I’m not a Horror Genre fan and have never really read any but I’m also not a Dystopian fan, as stated earlier, so I won’t be reading any more Dystopian novels.
8. NOPE. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition.
I’m not a digital book fan. Give me a real book or an audio book any day over a digital book. Granted this doesn’t mean I can’t read them but they just aren’t the same as pages under your fingers waiting to be turned.
9. NOPE. Trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE.
Love stories where they don’t need to be and love-triangles. I love a good romance but not every story needs romantic love.
10. NOPE. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.
I refuse to read Cursed Child. The funny thing is that I bought a copy but I’ve heard so much from friends and other readers (and Binge Mode) that I can’t bring myself to read it. I love Harry Potter the way it is in books 1-7 and that is what is canon. #cursedchild #notcanon
11. NOPE. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.
Prophecies, which is funny to me because in my personal writing I’ve gone that route before. I realized when I was older how over used it was.
12. NOPE. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.
Zoey Redbird and Loren Blake in the House of Night series. He is a professor and she is a student, even if they are vampires it is not a good relationship.
13. NOPE. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say NOPE.
I don’t like this question because a book that I dislike someone else may love. All books deserve to exist and if we don’t like them then we can chose not to read them.
14. NOPE. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.
Umbridge. Nope, I don’t want to mess with that scary pink lady.
15. NOPE. Death: A character death that still haunts you.
All the deaths at the Battle of Hogwarts and of course the death at Malfoy Manner. All the feels and tears.
16. NOPE. Author: An author you had a bad experience reading and have decided to quit.
I stopped reading the House of Night books by P.C. and Kristin Cast. There were just to many of them and one book would be one day in the the timeline of the series and I was too much, left a bad taste in my mouth.
I hope that everyone has enjoyed this NOPE book tag. I know I talk about Harry Potter a lot, I’ve been rereading them so please forgive me.
I tag: Cole Campfire Blog
Get some fantastic outdoorsy gear at Wildish.
For 20% off use Promo Code: lmcgee56-20off