I had a recipe planned for this week and I forgot to take pictures while making it. So I’m going to show off a different project that my boyfriend and I worked on this week.
Keltin uses hair pomade but it can be ridiculously expensive so we decide to make some at home. Keltin says that he likes it thus I thought I’d share.
- 10 Tsp. Beeswax
- 10 Tsp. Coconut Oil
- 10-12 Drops Essential Oil (we used peppermint)
- Small Jar with Lid (at least two ounces)
- Melt the bees wax in a double boiler. Once melted add the coconut oil.
- Stir in the essential oil.
- Pour into a small jar.
- Let cool at room temperature for at least three hours.
This is super simple to make but if you have never messed with beeswax before here is something to keep in mind. Don’t melt beeswax in anything that you plan on ever using for anything else. Beeswax is a wonderful, versatile substance but it sticks to everything. Please keep that in mind.
All of these ingredients can be found at Whole Foods or on Amazon. I hope that you enjoy this recipe and I would love to know what you make from scratch at home, please post them in the comments. Have a great Friday.