On our first trip to Eisenhower State Park we stayed in the Elm Point Camping Area. These tent sites sit on top of a high bluff and overlook Lake Texoma.
Pros of the Elm Point Camping Area:
- Beautiful views
- Better breeze
- Close proximity to the day use area
- Close proximity to the swim beach
Cons of the Elm Point Camping Area:
- Breeze blows the smoke around more
- On the edge of the park near residential homes – they can be loud
- Far end of the park
- Little tree cover
The second time we visited Eisenhower State Park we stayed in the Armadillo Hill Camping Area.
Pros of the Armadillo Hill Camping Area:
- Near the main entrance
- Near to the start of the hiking trails
- More trees in this area of the park give more privacy
Cons of the Armadillo Hill Camping Area:
- Far from the day use area
- Far from the public swimming area
- No fantastic views
Some good things about both campsites is that they did have water and they both were within walking distance of the bath house. Overall we preferred the Armadillo Hill site because we didn’t have as much wind at night and there weren’t noisy neighbors having a party on the other side of the lake inlet. Where is your favorite place to camp? Have a great weekend!