I started my blog in September and have been working at discovering as many other blogs as possible. Some how I was nominated by two other blogs. Thank you so much to The Microread and KaylaAnn. Both are fantastic blogs and if you do not follow them yet, go check them out.
- I absolutely love to read
- I believe that I have the most adorable dog ever
- I can drink my weight in tea and have a ridiculous amount of loose leaf
- I love to cook and when I want a new recipe I let my boyfriend pick anything out of a cook book.
- I am a night owl and getting up early is terrible
- I love to garden but do not have a green thumb, so things sometimes grow and sometimes don’t
Questions I’ve been asked to answer:
- What do you write the most about? Poetry? Stories? Life experiences? Right now I am primarily writing life experience but I do love making up my own fiction too.
- What’s your favorite thing to drink to start your day? Chai Tea or London Fog Latte
- What genre is your favorite to read, and why? Fantasy, I love an adventure and a good sword fight.
- Is there a certain book series that you return to and reread every year? Not every year but I have read several series multiple times, including but not limited to: Lord of the Rings and Dresden Files.
- What encourages you on a day to day business to strive toward your goals? The knowledge that hard work and perseverance payoff.
- What do you think are key characteristics of writing? Being as honest possible in your writing, whether this is with your self or with your characters. Practice always helps.
- How do you promote your own work? I use social media and word of mouth.
- What advice would you give to a new blogger? Be patient you will gain followers but don’t sit idle. Go follow other blogs, read them and see what others are doing, comment and ask questions.
- What is your favorite dessert? Tiramisu
- Where do you see your career in five years? Honestly, I’m not sure. I’m still working on that plan. Defiantly traveling more with my boyfriend and my dog.
89 and Counting is a movie review blog looking at best picture winners from the start in 1928 to the current ones. Each review looks at: writing, directing, set design, cinematography, sound, acting, and plot. This is a new blog but one with a lot of character.
Questions for my Nominees:
- What is on the top of your bucket list?
- Tea or coffee?
- What genre is your favorite to read and why?
- Who are your top three favorite authors?
- Where do you find inspiration for your writing?
- What is your favorite music genre and why?
- How do you promote your own work?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Of the places that you have been to so far in the world, where has been your favorite?
Here’s the rules, now that you’re nominated!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine (Jack Henry) if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) Post a comment in the comments below (on the website https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/ ) so I (Jack Henry) can view your post and check out your blog. I (Jack Henry)personally visit each and everyone.I (Jack Henry) visited a few hundred last year!!!