I maybe late to the game here but I have found a new love in overnight oats. They are quick to make, tasty and filling. The great thing about them is that you can make them a few days ahead of time so they work for meal prep a least a couple of days into the future. Also, there is no limit but your imagination as to the flavor combinations.
- Old fashioned oats
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
Mix-ins: These are combinations of things that I have used.
- Cocoa powder, banana, peanut butter
- Cocoa powder, banana, honey
- Cinnamon, brown sugar, banana
- Cocoa powder, peanut butter, honey
- Blueberries, honey, banana
- Walnuts, banana, cocoa powder
Mix-ins: I have not tried these but want to
- Coconut shaving
- Bee pollen
- Additional fruit (berries, kiwi, banana)
- Additional nuts (Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pecans)
- In a mason jar mix ⅓ C. oats, 1-2 Tbs. chia seeds and your prefered mix-ins (½ a banana tends to be enough).
- Fill the rest of the jar up with almond milk.
- Make sure the lid is on tight and shake the jar vigorously.
- Put in the fridge overnight to soak.
- When you are ready for breakfast top with your choice of toppings and enjoy.
Notes: If you mix in fruit these are good for a couple of days. Without the fruit you can keep these in the fridge up to four days. Also, depending on your mix-ins and toppings you can easily make this recipe vegan.