I made this recipe a few weeks ago when my boyfriends parents were in town. I found it in a cookbook for cooking with fresh herbs. This recipe came out perfectly. It was fresh, lite, and a great start to spring. This recipe is fairly each but making the gremolata is a little time consuming when everything is chopped by hand. I written the directions with things that I changed to make things easier.
- ⅓ C. Roasted Salted Pistachio – Finely Chopped
- ⅓ C. Fresh Parsley – Chopped
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Mint – Chopped (Mint from TexSelect Farms)
- 1 Tbs.Fresh Orange Zest
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ⅛ Tsp. Sea Salt
- Salmon Filets (I used four, 6 oz. fillets)
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil (If you are using fewer than four fillets, use less oil)
- Sea Salt – To Taste
- Black Pepper – To Taste
- Mix all ingredients for the gremolata, set aside for later.
- Lightly coat salmon fillets in salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in non stick pan to medium heat, in an electric skillet this is about 325-350 F. Place the salmon in the pan skin side down, cook for 3 minutes or until salmon is cooked halfway through then flip over and cook for an additional 3 minutes. If the sides are still showing uncooked you can lay the fillets on their sides briefly (30 seconds).
- Once salmon is cooked through, plate and top with gremolata.If you enjoy my blog please consider buying me a cup of coffee.